Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Back to the drawing audio production.

Do you know when in Americas Top Model episode when they have to do a nation wide commercial, and some of the girls are so bad at reading the scripts, that they have to go line by line and edit them all together. You don't know what I am talking about? I know I am not the only one who watches ANTM.

This was me, for the first hour tonight of the first night of the audio version of The Couch to 5k.
I stumbled, stammered, talked fast and mumbled. I do all of these things when I get nervous. Oh, and i have this weird high pitched laugh. I also say um. A lot.
But the lovely and beautiful and, oh hey, a runner, Tina Nole (who met Ken Burns one time and I think that is so so very cool) swept in, and powered this little nervous nelly towards my great audio career.
I have to say,when I got my groove, it sounded good. Like Barry White good. (*no offense Mr. White. I love you Barry. )
  ---side note. I went to college and have a degree in audio engineering. I was also on the radio for 5 years. These things that I thought were going to save my nervous butt...did not. It's been a long time since I have seen ol Mr. Microphone.
 It was fun and Tine lit up when she came up with ideas about how to add music and sound effects to it.
I am just so excited about helping people learn how to run.  People who don't like groups. (me) people who don't have time to get to Green Lake. People in Minnesota. That guy over there.
Yes. I will help all of them run. I sure hope so.
Note my awesome Oiselle London Calling Shirt. It stinks really bad. I have been running in the hot sun all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment